Did you miss the automated phone call home on September 1st?
Here is the message sent out to families on September 1st.
All students will need to have an active NYCStudents.net Google Account to gain important information for the start of the school year. Starting this Friday, September 3rd, students will be emailed at their NYCStudents.net email address, the registration codes for both parents and students to register for Pupilpath. On Friday, September 10th, Student Schedules will be available on Pupilpath. Please go to the Academy website for more information, www.academyofamericanstudies.com
How will the Academy connect with you?
- Pupilpath (website or app) - for parents and students
- NYCStudents.net Email - for students
- Automated Phone Dialer - for guardian’s phone number on record with the school
- School Website
- EChalk Notify App - for Academy of American Studies use code: 8UIE3G (Download for free from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store)
- PTA Facebook Group
To Get Started follow these steps:
- Students must have access to their NYCStudents.net Gmail Account.
- To claim your account, reset your password, or create additional security measure go here: https://selfservice.schools.nyc/
- If you don’t know your username or never had a NYCStudents.net account, contact Mr. Randle
- By September 3rd, Pupilpath registration codes for parents and students will be sent to the student’s NYCStudents.net email account.
HELPFUL LINKS RELATED TO REMOTE LEARNING
STEP 1 - PUPILPATH ACCOUNT
Student Password Reset is not possible through the website. You must re-register your student Pupilpath account to reset the password.
Don't forget to download the free app on your smartphone!
STEP 2 - NYCStudnets.net Account
Students will need to use their DOE Email Accounts (@nycstudents.net) in the Fall to access remote learning resources such as Google Classroom and Zoom. Follow these instructions to get your account set up in time for September
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.